BREAKING: Sources Say ESPN is Looking Closely at Kings Trade Rumor

According to a source who has knowledge of ESPN’s website, the sports giant is one of several thought to be front-runners to acquire a blockbuster rumor involving potentially-disgruntled Kings forward Alexander Frolov. While the specifics of the potential rumor are not known, speculation is that it could involve Frolov and one or more Kings assets — conventional wisdom points to Jack Johnson — as well as former first round picks Jonathan Bernier, Thomas Hickey and Colten Teubert, three blue-chip prospects widely known to be coveted in previous rumors. Sources say that ESPN is specifically looking only to bring in rumors involving players whose names its subscribers may have actually heard. While only ESPN Insider subscribers have access to the complete rumor, multiple visitors confirm that the rumor names Frolov. Speculation is the rumor will include  insinuation that Frolov is unhappy with his role with the Kings. Mention of his pending UFA status and his enigmatic nature would undoubtedly also be involved in any deal with ESPN. It is believed that, were the rumor actually to be acquired by ESPN, another NHL team would be a likely partner.

Calls placed to the Kings were not returned.

8 comments for “BREAKING: Sources Say ESPN is Looking Closely at Kings Trade Rumor

1. November 4, 2009 at 2:36 PM

We will continue to hear about impending trades until Frolov is 1) Traded 2) Re-signed 3) Becomes a UFA in 2010.

This will not end soon.

2. worthless
    November 4, 2009 at 2:41 PM

congrats Quisp! you have successfully filled your page with words that contribute absolutely nothing to the speculation surrounding Frolov’s impending trade. You even go so far to use those over-used – but consistently ineffective – words to suggest that you are breaking news where there is absolutely none and make statements and predictions based on pure fantasy and speculation! Congrats! Instead of becoming part of the media solution, you have perpetuated the problem! At least you did not discuss you recent urination exploits.

• quisp
      November 4, 2009 at 2:49 PM

I don’t understand you.

• dbushik
        November 4, 2009 at 5:37 PM

Yeah, I’m pretty sure, actually, it’s that he doesn’t understand you on this one.

3. RJC76
    November 4, 2009 at 2:58 PM

I’m thinking Worthless needs to look into acquiring a sense of humor.

4. Denise
    November 4, 2009 at 3:28 PM

Dammit, I just had a dream about this Frolov trade last night! Even though the circus wanted him, we said: “No, we do not want to trade him for dancing bears. We have those. We’re gonna stick to the NHL.” I think this proves beyond a doubt that it is true.

(Worthless’ comment is also making me laugh more than the original post did. Hee.)

5. November 4, 2009 at 3:51 PM

Scene from Hockeyfellas

Wavesinair: Quisp’s a pistol, he’s really funny. Really funny.

Worthless: What do you mean he’s funny?

Wavesinair: Funny, you know. It’s a good story, it’s funny, he’s a funny guy.

Worthless: What do you mean, you mean the way he talks? What?

Wavesinair: It’s just, you know. He’s just funny, it’s… funny, the way he tells the story and everything.

Worthless: Funny how? What’s funny about it?

RJC76: Worthless no, You got it all wrong.

Worthless: Oh no, RJC76. He’s a big boy, he knows what Quisp said. What did he say? Funny how?

Wavesinair: Jus…

Worthless: What?

Wavesinair: Just… ya know… he’s funny.

Worthless: You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it’s me, I’m a little fucked up maybe, but he’s funny how, I mean funny like he’s a clown, he amuses you? He makes you laugh, he’s here to fuckin’ amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How is he funny?

Wavesinair: Just… you know, how he tells the story, what?

Worthless: No, no, I don’t know, you said it. How do I know? You said he’s funny. How the fuck is he funny, what the fuck is so funny about him? Tell me, tell me what’s funny!

In this case I’m afraid worthless (played by Joe Pesci of course) isn’t playing a gag on me!

6. James
    November 4, 2009 at 6:17 PM

Wowzers, Worthless! I know it’s tough to catch sarcasm and ‘tongue in cheek’ humor on the net but c’mon!

Love the original post, Quisp…