Deep Thoughts – Battle of California

The Ducks are a pretty hilarious team right now because they’re still a team of giant dicks but now they suck so it comes off as just kind of sad and pathetic.  It’s like they’re the high school bully that grew up to be a gas station attendant and the Kings are the lonely, pathetic nerd that grew up to be a fairly successful software engineer with a nice house and a lovely wife that may not be that attractive but is sweet and kind.

via Deep Thoughts – Battle of California.

9 comments for “Deep Thoughts – Battle of California

1. Mike
    December 2, 2009 at 3:28 PM

Way too early for stuff like this!

2. DougS
    December 2, 2009 at 4:36 PM

Wow, that’s pretty harsh, even though it works pretty well as a simile. The Ducks have been playing much better of late, and they’re not that far out of the playoffs.

Now the ‘Canes and the Leafs, you can legitimately say that they suck this year.

3. quisp
    December 2, 2009 at 10:47 PM

You understand this is a quote, right?

4. December 3, 2009 at 11:58 AM

It took me a while to get used to it, but I still read stuff and think it’s you whose written it, only to figure out later it wasn’t. This is particularly the case on my iPhone…

5. quisp
    December 3, 2009 at 12:16 PM

Well, after you mentioned it long ago, I worked a little harder to add the big graphic quote mark next to all quoted text. wordpress automatically indents and italicizes quotes but, as you say, it’s not the clearest thing in the world. When you’re posting from your phone, it’s a pain in the *** to work around. Hopefully, the big quote mark thing helps (though it may not translate to the iphone version, right?). Hey what’s that link? Must click…

6. quisp
    December 3, 2009 at 12:17 PM

Okay, I see what you mean. That’s no good. I will have to figure out a better way.

7. DougS
    December 3, 2009 at 1:24 PM

I got it that you were quoting another blog, so I didn’t mean you were being harsh, Quisp. But I think it would help if you made a habit out of introducing quotations with your own remarks, even if it’s just something like, “I found this on Battle of California, and thought it was interesting.”

Back in my student days, I was taught that you should never begin a paragraph with a block quotation; always introduce it with something of your own. It’s your chance to make sure the reader gets out of it what you got out of it, that we understand why you thought it was worth quoting.

8. Mike
    December 3, 2009 at 3:15 PM

Whether it’s Quisp or a King yahoo, it’s still wayyyy too early for stuff like this!

• quisp
      December 3, 2009 at 7:23 PM

It’s never too early for funny.