Awwwww: “He’s a good little player” – Loktionov Recalled

Andrei Loktionov, shown here, reacts to the news that he's been recalled from Manchester.

Loktionov will meet the team in Vancouver. His addition is notable in one way. After the trade deadline, the Kings can only made four call-ups from the AHL. They had already used two of them, as (on paper) they technically sent Dwight King and Jordan Nolan to the AHL, then immediately recalled them (in order to make them eligible for the AHL playoffs). Loktionov is the third roster move.

SUTTER: “He’s a good little player. He’s similar to Brad, except he can play center if we need him. Brad is a better winger.’’

via Updates on Carter, Richardson « LA Kings Insider.

I somehow missed the Nolan and King down/up paper move. I guess the only other player Lombardi might conceivably need is…Marc-Andre Cliche or…Jake Muzzin? With Davis Drewiske, Brad Richardson, and Kevin Westgarth in the wings, I don’t expect there to be the need for any other recalls. Although — God, I hope we don’t see any more of Ethan Moreau or Trent Hunter. Ever. No disrespect to their respective, fine careers. I just don’t like the Kings with them on the team.

8 comments for “Awwwww: “He’s a good little player” – Loktionov Recalled

1. Niesy
    April 10, 2012 at 2:14 PM

Looks like we can count to four, even if Edmonton can’t hack it. Ha.

Great photo. He looks bigger and stronger there.

2. KingsNewsDaily.com
    April 10, 2012 at 2:26 PM

“I somehow missed the Nolan and King down/up paper move.”

And what about Voynov? Didn’t he come up after the deadline? Wouldn’t we be at 4 then?

I sent you an email. Hopefully, spam didn’t eat it. Typically you respond so I figured I’d ask. If it’s the brush off, then carry on!

• DougS
      April 10, 2012 at 5:03 PM

That’s right…. I seem to recall that, too…. Went back to Manchester before the trade deadline, everyone figured he’d be back after the rosters expanded…. So what up with that?

• Brandon
        April 10, 2012 at 9:24 PM

I’m pretty sure he was called back up before the deadline since we traded JJ a few days before. So that would have been pre-“only four callups” time

3. DougS
    April 10, 2012 at 5:09 PM

With King and Nolan validating the faith that has been placed in them, I expect that Moreau and Hunter will be no more than queasy memories from now on.

Both Moreau and Hunter were classic early-season Hamburger Helper moves. They filled out the roster until the younger guys proved that they were ready. And there are enough younger guys who have proven themselves at this point. Heck, assuming that Carter is ready to play, Lokti would still be the spare forward, right?

4. OneTimer
    April 10, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Amazing. I haven’t even thought about or said the names Moreau or Hunter in 3 months. Totally forgotten … which is fine.