A different Kings team: 2010 vs. 2012

Yesterday (seems like a month ago) we looked at how the Canucks have changed since the 2010 series against a markedly different Kings team. Here’s how different:

RETURNING (9):

IN (14):

OUT (14):

For a pretty chart of the current Kings line-up, look no further than the McSorley’s Stick Depth Chart page.

22 comments for “A different Kings team: 2010 vs. 2012

1. John Carroll
    April 12, 2012 at 11:34 PM

When I look at that in compared to the out, sure as hell looks like an upgrade to me. Obviously the backup goalie is a gigantic upgrade that (hopefully) won’t matter at all, but there’s so much more skill in the top six forwards. Who do you miss from that 2010 team, honestly? I miss Frolov & Handzus a little but for more emotional than rational reasons (especially when you look at what they’ve done *in 2012*), and that’s really about it.

• Eggplant
      April 14, 2012 at 8:14 AM

I miss Handzus. He’s the only one from the 2010 team that I’d really like to have. And that’s mostly because he’s my favourite Kings player of all time. I also miss Simmonds to some extent, and Frolov. But if you compare the 2 teams, I’d take the current line-up over the 2010 team any day.

April 13, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Should Scott Parse really be on the “out” list? He’s technically still a King, just hurt.

• April 13, 2012 at 12:48 AM

He’s out in the sense that he played in 2010 and he is not playing in 2012. But I agree.

3. Pingback: URL
  4. falmer
    April 16, 2012 at 12:47 AM

In: Sutter
    Out: Murray

5. DougS
    April 16, 2012 at 11:27 AM

Interesting comment on Nucks Misconduct this morning: “Yesterday was the day that Mike Gillis lost his bet against Willie Mitchell.”

We’ve all seen the raised eyebrows at Lombardi’s Moneyball-style bets on recently-injured players, but he’s had as many pay off in a serious way (Williams, Handzus, Mitchell) as not (Gagne, Sturm).

6. Pingback: china