From Icethetics: Nice

Click the image to go to the Icethetics site, which is a great place to get lost, if you didn’t already know that.

0051: King of All Kings Concepts – Concepts – icethetics.info.

8 comments for “From Icethetics: Nice

April 14, 2012 at 2:12 AM

I dunno about purple pants AND purple sweaters, but consider me a fan of this design.

• DougS
      April 14, 2012 at 12:34 PM

Agreed. I like the simplicity of the design, but purple top and bottom is a little to monochrome. Part of the reason that I liked the purple and gold was that it was so loud and distinctive.

2. Crownedroyal
    April 14, 2012 at 11:09 AM

I like everything but the number.

3. Tyfighter77
    April 14, 2012 at 12:15 PM

see my comments on the icethetics site.   PS – another recent concept there is a great looking Ducks jersey that I would be pleased to see them lose in any day.

4. Raytownloc
    April 14, 2012 at 11:26 PM

I like the idea of going back to an old simple design (w mod)…. but what we got right now is pretty amazing… top ten of all time kings uniforms.  But I would always live a 92-93 uniform flashback… when 11 was mike donnely and 23 was Corey Millen.  They created so many breakaways but so rarely scored.  But the scoring was so great… that year 99 and 17 and of course 20 put in so many goals.  And Tomas… number 7.  My favorite team of all time.  What a great time to watch hockey.  Too bad mcsorelys stick and patrick fucking roy kept us from winning it all.

5. Raytownloc
    April 14, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Black and white… like the raiders.  It’s timeless and classic.  I’ve heard people say they like the raiders just for the uniform colors.  Granted I dont respect that, but Raider’s colors are dope I wouldn’t change them.  Purple and Gold doesn’t move me.  It was just like that because jerry Buss wanted the lakers and the kings to be the same.  But they aren’t.  Kings are waaaaaay different as are the fans.

6. Darin Hall
    April 14, 2012 at 11:31 PM

one thing that made those kings so good was rookie zhitnik bringing the puck into the offensive zone like doughty does now.  my first game i heard someone call him “shit-stick” but he was great…

7. Lemay44
    April 15, 2012 at 2:47 PM

Sorry but I find this just ugly.  with a capital F.