#lakings #stlblues — game two twitter highlights

In lieu of the usual post-game bullets, here is a selection of tweets from the game.

• lakings dirty
  • #stlblues need to run quick. not as some dumb retribution to the#lakings team but as retribution to quick’s on dirty antics
  • Pretty weak call. I like how the ref standing next to Jackman didn’t call it but the ref 85 ft away calls it
  • I see Doughty is continuing his douchy play in this series. Late hit on Perron after the whistle there.
  • Keenan is trying to date the #LAKings
  • Keenan, just shut your dirty whore mouth! You know nothing!
  • Every time anyone barely brushes up against Dustin Brown his head whips back like it was hit by a car. #Diving#STLBlues#LAKings
  • These fucking #StlBlues need to stop being such assholes! If you wanna win, play better, don’t be dicks!! #LAKings#sorelosers
  • Somebody run Jonathan Quick right now, that dirty fuck.
  • If any#lakings fans live in Alabama, let me know. I want to fight you.
  • You just got oshied!! Penner you pussy!!! Hahahahaha
  • Yes. Please try to fight after a clean hit you pieces of crap
  • That’s what a LEGAL big hit looks like in case #lakings fans were wondering.
  • I would like to add that Penner is German for bum, amongst other insults.
  • I guess the #lakings don’t like to be hit…hmmm maybe we should do it more they seem to lose their cool
  • Penney u r the biggest fucking pussy. Take the hit like a man. Fuck u. #lakings#stlblue keep ur head up biatch
  • #stlblues have completely dominated last 2 periods. All the confidence in the world heading into game 3
  • kings had one chance. Few hits. Little energy. Blues have controlled last 2 periods. Can’t finish.

15 comments for “#lakings #stlblues — game two twitter highlights

April 30, 2012 at 9:34 PM

“All the confidence in the world” hahaha

“Yes, we won 2 periods!! …… Wait, hockey is a three-period game? Oh…”

April 30, 2012 at 9:43 PM

That was the Kings’ 7th straight playoff road victory (Game 2 and 5 in San Jose in 2011, Games 1, 2, and 5 in Vancouver this year, and Games 1-2 in St Louis), which as far as I can tell is the 3rd most in NHL history behind the 8 won by the 1995 and ’97 New Jersey Devils (they missed the playoffs in ’96) and the 9 straight won by the 1982 and ’83 New York Islanders.

It was their 5th straight road win in this playoff season, which is 2 shy of the NHL single-season road winning streak record shared by the 1980 and ’82 Islanders, ’95 Devils, ’98 Avalanche, and 2010 Blackhawks.

3. DougS
    April 30, 2012 at 10:07 PM

What a magnificent invention Twitter is, that it allows even the lowliest sub-human to express his every spontaneous thought, without the benefit of reflection or due consideration.

Truly, we live in an age of wonders.

4. April 30, 2012 at 11:05 PM

I just joined this danged Twitter contraption.  I might leave after seeing this…

Aww heck, who am I kidding?  This is hilarious!!!

5. m_and_m
    April 30, 2012 at 11:07 PM

A lot of Vancouver transplants in St. Louis?

6. YzGuy
    May 1, 2012 at 1:06 AM

so sounds like the Kings really laid an egg in the last 40 minutes. What will the score be when the Kings find their game?

7. Niesy
    May 1, 2012 at 1:21 AM

“That’s what a LEGAL big hit looks like in case #lakings fans were wondering.”

Irony off the Chaaaaarrts

8. USHA#17
    May 1, 2012 at 7:48 AM

It would appear the mental levee that once protected the Nation from St. Louis have been breached.

9. OneTimer
    May 1, 2012 at 9:37 AM

“If any#lakings fans live in Alabama, let me know. I want to fight you.”

That’s just …… wow.  Funny?  Depressing?  Concerning?  nah … FUNNY.

10. May 1, 2012 at 9:46 AM

I’d be careful boasting about a big hit on an opponent when your own team has had several players lose massive time to concussions…

11. May 1, 2012 at 9:55 AM

I also enjoy the simultaneous claims that the Kings are dirty and the cries to “run Quick.”  Seems like a bit of a mixed message…

12. sstephen17
    May 1, 2012 at 11:38 AM

Penner joined the Twitterverse and has completely turned his game around, lol.

13. USHA#17
    May 1, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Two things that irked me about the game….that 2nd period cheap shot push from behind that landed Doughty head first into the boards and another moment in the 3rd where a simple unpressuried clearing pass from the St. Louis zone was lifted and seemed aimed at the back of the helmet of a Kings forward.

I felt the entire St Louis game last night was directed to injure Kings players last night and it clearly cost them.

14. Stonewall
    May 1, 2012 at 4:03 PM

This is interesting and all (and brought a smile to my face…) but I know you’ve got to be DYING to do some sort of post-game bullet points…

15. m_and_m
    May 2, 2012 at 7:15 PM

Now, now.  It’s not nice to make fun of the mentally ill.