My dream of a Flyers Kings finals is dead — DEAD!

And I’m shocked, really. I didn’t think the Flyers would lose to New Jersey. To the Rangers maybe, but not the Devils. I’m happy for Ponikarovsky and Harrold though.

7 comments for “My dream of a Flyers Kings finals is dead — DEAD!

1. DougS
    May 8, 2012 at 11:48 PM

I didn’t think the Devils would take them, either. But I wouldn’t say I’m shocked. I always doubted that Bryzgalov would be the answer for them, especially at that price.

My only regret about a possible Kings-Devils Cup Final is that it probably means that the trolls from ILWT are probably going to come over to JFtC again and act like farts. OTOH, it’s gonna be a lot more satisfying when the Kings thrash them.

• sstephen17
      May 9, 2012 at 11:40 AM

I think the Capitals, should the Kings go to the Cup Finals (knock on wood), would be the best match-up of the remaining teams.  Rookie goalie and rookie coach and if the Caps go to the Cup Finals, they will have played in at least two series that went 7 games.

2. Niesyjftc
    May 9, 2012 at 5:50 AM

You did well, Peter!

3. May 9, 2012 at 6:18 AM

I’m still hoping for the Rangers, simply because I think that’s a better matchup for the Kings.  The Rangers are constructed like the Canucks, albeit with a far more boring style of play and a much better goalie.  But the Kings can break them down.

Also – the road team from the Winter Classic has gone to the finals and lost, what, three of four times?

4. Tyfighter77
    May 9, 2012 at 12:54 PM

Welcome to the fold, Flyers fans who still want to watch hockey.

5. Tyfighter77
    May 9, 2012 at 12:59 PM

I made this a couple days ago, but I share it now in honor of our fallen Eastern brothers.
    Ladies and gentlemen… your Philangeles PhiKings!

6. m_and_m
    May 10, 2012 at 8:38 AM

Philly West, what a concept!  The Flyers with goaltending.