Here is a great idea that I don’t have the ability to do, but which I would really love to see: a photo gallery showing each current Los Angeles King player circa May 1993 (a.k.a. the last time the Kings were in the Conference Finals). Clifford (born 1991) in diapers, Loktionov and Voynov (both 1990) perfecting their spinoramas on the Volga, Doughty, Nolan and King (all 1989) mixing it up on the playground, Bernier (1988), Kopitar, Lewis and Martinez (1987) in their mite photos, Scott Parse (1984) in the nurse’s office, Mitchell’s first driver’s license…etc.

Somebody please do this. I want to see it.

7 comments for “Suggestion for Kings Media Relations, or Rich Hammond, or the parents of the current Los Angeles Kings

May 8, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Sometime this summer the Kings brass should get as many players as possible together from the 1982 Miracle on Manchester team, the 1993 Stanley Cup Finalists, the 2001 Frenzy on Figueroa team, and this year’s team to do a big group photo. Without looking I’m pretty sure Dave Taylor and Luc Robitaille are the only players who were on more than one of those squads. Actually, I don’t need to look, they are.

• May 8, 2012 at 7:21 AM

I was going to say Blake, but then sanity returned and I was like “riiiiiiight.”

• KingsNewsDaily.com
        May 8, 2012 at 8:01 AM

He’s at the TSC all the time. It must be weird for him to be around all this. The guy still looks like he can play in the NHL. As time goes by, I hate him less. Eventually I’ll probably only remember the good times. Ok, the good time.

• MeliMel
          May 8, 2012 at 8:50 AM

Still hate blake, that wont die – like ever.

• May 8, 2012 at 9:18 AM

His son is a second year squirt for the jr Kings, as is Nelson Emerson’s kid and (agent) Pat Brisson’s kid. Glen Murray’s kid is in there too somewhere. Maybe a year older or younger, I forget. Murray (and Emerson, I’m pretty sure) coaches. Jamie Storr’s kid is an ’02 I think. Storr coaches. And, perhaps my favorite, Rogie’s grandson is a mite goalie and wears #30.  I’m sure there are many others. Mathieu Schneider’s son was in a learn to skate class at TSC with my kid when they were both 4 (L’il Schneider was decked out in full ducks/Schneider/#10 regalia).. So he must be around somewhere too.

• KingsNewsDaily.com
            May 9, 2012 at 8:19 AM

During the Kings watch party at TSC on Sunday, Storr was running his goalie clinic. As one of the mothers said about the scheduling, “at least it’s not on Mother’s day.” She watched more of the Kings game than the camp and I don’t blame her with all the traveling she does. Yeah, Emerson is a coach. I think Rogie’s son is too. Not Kings related but Ryan Miller also trains there during the summer. His girlfriend is a certain actress.

• Garrett79
        May 8, 2012 at 10:50 AM

The ’01 Kings wouldn’t have gotten as far as they did with that bum in their lineup. Deadmarsh was built for playoff hockey and played his heart out in those two series and Miller never made the kinds of mistakes on the back end that Blake was wont to do.

Plus, Blake was a selfish piece of shit.