250,000 Kings Fans Attend Victory Parade — compare that to the Ducks, who had

…nothing, because they didn’t have a victory parade in 2007. They had 25,000 people in a parking lot.

7 comments for “250,000 Kings Fans Attend Victory Parade — compare that to the Ducks, who had

1. Gabby Vyskocil
    June 16, 2012 at 9:41 AM

I heard that the Ducks actually had 15,000 people at that parking lot thing, which is less than a Honda Center sellout.  I also read that they opted against having a parade because they felt there wouldn’t be enough interest.  That’s absolutely pathetic.

2. June 16, 2012 at 9:42 PM

I heard they didn’t have a parade to avoid traffic problems.  I guess Los Angeles, one of the worst traffic cities in the world, felt like a little traffic was worth it to throw a ridiculous party for their many many fans.

3. m_and_m
    June 17, 2012 at 4:11 PM

Maybe we could have had our parade past Honda center?

4. USHA#17
    June 18, 2012 at 12:31 PM

As one of the core “Forum 12,000″ (really 8,500 by my reckoning) I was quite taken back by the size of the turnout.

Its not a matter of validation, a turnout this size is way beyond that point, it is the pleasure a parent feels when seeing an oft wayward child discover him or herself and grows to find happiness and success in life.

For all the Vancouver, Detroit and NYC fans who show up for games at Staples. “Welcome to the Home of the Stanley Cup Champions”!

In addition to matching rings during the next Duck-Kings Media Team Faceoff, Fox should prepare side by side “celebration” photos to rub in Hayward’s face.

5. Teddy Martin
    June 19, 2012 at 10:21 AM

I read an article on the OC Register site about the parade, and a Kings fan said something about how much better our parade was than the Ducks’ little “rally”.  In the comments, Ducks fans were getting all whiny and calling the fans “classless” for giving “cheapshots” to the Ducks.  The same fans that went to the trouble of printing out signs, banners, and posters mocking the Kings when their team won the Cup are complaining about a Kings fan mocking their “parade”.  Hypocrisy at its finest with Ducks fans.

• DougS
      June 19, 2012 at 1:14 PM

In the immortal words of Nelson Muntz: “Ha, ha.” :-D

6. Dave Wossum
    June 19, 2012 at 8:27 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0o-x4oeyZg Here is a video of the Ducks rally. I love the fan that says “I knew they had it when they went up 4 games…” duh.