And she said, “I don’t want him to win the Stanley Cup.”

Oh, how I wish I had found this. But Scribe did, the bastard:

Sexual Assault Allegations Against Drew Doughty? Fuck That. – Surly & Scribe

A little more digging and there are more details that the L.A. Times didn’t have in their article. From the Press-Telegram:

[...] Hermosa Beach police Sgt. Bob Higgins confirmed a TMZ.com account that said the woman told officers that Doughty bumped into her in the bar and invited her back to his home. [...] He said Doughty told detectives the sex was consensual. [...] “His story is minus the wrangling and the forcing,” Higgins said. [...] “It’s ‘they met in a bar and they partied together, they went to his house and it was a one-night stand kind of thing.”‘ [...] During an interview, Higgins said, a detective asked the woman what punishment Doughty should receive. [...]

“She said, ‘I don’t want him to win the Stanley Cup,'” Higgins said.

Fucking.

Way!

She did NOT say that?

In March?

What the hell was our record at that time? How long after the Jeff Carter trade was this?

Four days. 29-23-12. And, from that moment forward, the Kings record has been 27-8-3 (including the playoffs).

This girl has no luck. First, she consensually fucks Drew Doughty and regrets it and then the whole L.A. Kings team fucks her by winning the Stanley Cup.

6 comments for “And she said, “I don’t want him to win the Stanley Cup.”

1. June 19, 2012 at 10:12 PM

This woman is to the Kings what Pedro Martinez’s “little friend” was to the Red Sox. As long as she is around, the Kings will defy odds and win championships.

2. DougS
    June 19, 2012 at 11:02 PM

From the LAT story: “The woman has hired attorney Gloria Allred to represent her. ”

Enough said. Combine that with her apparent unwillingness to cooperate with police, and I expect that a civil suit is in the offing, with the goal being an out-of-court settlement to make it all go away. Allred is going to try to give Drew the Bonfire of the Vanities treatment.

• Matt George
      June 20, 2012 at 2:13 PM

JUST ONCE … (and it doesn’t have to be this case, altho I wish it was)

I want to see a counter suit citing defamation of character.

IF … this story is fabricated on her part (notice the qualifier please) … then I wish Drew would sue the ever loving shit out of that lying fucking piece of shit …

• Matt George
        June 20, 2012 at 2:19 PM

… (and just to qualify further … IF it’s the truth then Drew is the POS …. ) but I’m obviously not in that camp … just wanted to further qualify before someone attacks me for being too unsympathetic

3. variable
    June 20, 2012 at 12:54 PM

i would like us to say….

“you can’t stop drew doughty on the ice, you can only hope to contain him…”

let’s hope that won’t be applied to him off the ice….

4. Dave Wossum
    June 20, 2012 at 8:51 PM

So Drew is going to to continue to see her right? Right? Maybe a moon light stroll on the beach next March?