How many teams have gone up 3-0 in all four rounds of the Stanley Cup playoffs?

I’m going to go out on a limb and say: one. This one. Maybe one of those (enumerated in this post) dynasty teams did it. But I don’t think so. I’ll look it up after the dizziness wears off.

11 comments for “How many teams have gone up 3-0 in all four rounds of the Stanley Cup playoffs?

June 4, 2012 at 8:41 PM

Nobody’s ever done it before.

• Garrett79
      June 4, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Only the ’08 Pens and ’05 Wings had ever gone up 3-0 in the first 3 rounds before the Kings did it this year. The Pens lost the first 2 games of the Final. Detroit got swept.

• uvgt2bkdnme
        June 4, 2012 at 9:12 PM

sorry, “’05 Wings?”

• Garrett79
          June 4, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Haha. ’95 Wings*

Hmm, I seem to forget how many game the ’05 Wings won…

• Garrett79
      June 4, 2012 at 8:52 PM

Even the 1988 Oilers didn’t do it. They lost Game 3 against Detroit in the Conference Finals, but led all three other series 3-0. That’s the closest anyone has ever come before this.

Dang, I should have put this up on my blog and linked to it. Oh well.

• June 4, 2012 at 9:11 PM

It’s not too late.

• Garrett79
          June 4, 2012 at 10:05 PM

I suppose I should have asked first if you mind me posting a link over to my Kings blog (which is nowhere near as good as yours, but I wanted in on the fun).

2. BakoCAcameraGuy
    June 4, 2012 at 10:01 PM

Hey… What’s the points blown for the playoffs?
    Can you imagine a 15-2 run in the regular season?

June 4, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Here’s the real question: has *anyone* in North American pro sports ever led all four series of a playoffs 3-0 before the Kings did it tonight? That means not just in the Stanley Cup Finals but in the NBA as well.

Want the answer?

go to http://kingsinhockeywood.blogspot.com/2012/06/3-0-3-0-3-0-3-0.html and it shall be yours

4. YzGuy
    June 4, 2012 at 11:04 PM

best team ever hahahahaha!!! ya know, vancouver, shit talking, etc. etc…

• June 4, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Yes, I remember that well. The vancouver guy last year saying (in March) that “statistically” the Canucks were essentially the best team in NHL history. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz (honk) zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz (honk)