8 comments for “Kool Aid in History

1. September 10, 2012 at 9:14 PM

So, what happened? Did Mr. Franklin ever quench his thirst? I NEED CLOSURE ON THIS ANECDOTE!

2. BringBackTheShieldJersey
    September 11, 2012 at 9:57 AM

I prefer “Kings’ Kool Aid” to “McSorleys Stick”.

• September 11, 2012 at 11:20 AM

Same great taste.

• BringBackTheShieldJersey
        September 11, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Nope. The confusion as to whether or not there’s an apostrophe in “McSorelys” leaves a bad aftertaste. It’s in the “(HOME)” name but not in the headline.

• September 12, 2012 at 12:26 PM

Ah. Well, the reason it’s not in the masthead is that there are no apostrophes on the Stanley Cup, and the masthead is as an engraving of “MCSORLEYS STICK” would appear on the Cup, using actual letters from the actual cup.

• WantedPlayerX
            September 16, 2012 at 6:53 PM

Wow man, I must be dense. I have been wondering about the name and why you would choose to constantly bring that incident to mind. I have been puzzled by the look of the “masthead” and why it seemed metallic and weird. Apparently I have been able to remember my own name but not much more than that.
            This is so deep, and so cool, the freaking stick got it’s name on the Cup. Nice! Absolutely brilliant. Best blog name yet, gotta be.

• September 17, 2012 at 9:03 AM

Unfortunately for me, I think most people have the first part of your reaction without proceeding to the second part. You might also enjoy the fact that the stick is engraved among the actual names of the ’93 Habs. Can’t see that in the blog header, but you can see it in the image I posted above (which sometimes is used as the tiled background image on the blog).

• WantedPlayerX
                September 17, 2012 at 7:08 PM

Enjoy might not be the correct word, lol. Man I really hate the Habs now, is it too late to “Craig Muni” Eric DeJardins? Has Marty ever commented on this atrocity?