Er, Quick can’t play for the Monarchs, just saying

He’s not waiver-exempt. He wasn’t on the Monarchs clear-day roster. And there is no CBA in place to govern his movement to the AHL.

6 comments for “Er, Quick can’t play for the Monarchs, just saying

1. Kings of Hockeywood
    November 7, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Doesn’t the lack of a CBA make it more possible that he can play there? Doesn’t that essentially means there are no rules regarding player movement to other leagues?

• November 8, 2012 at 9:34 AM

The NHL and AHL made an agreement before the 9-15 deadline regarding player movement. It’s the AHL that doesn’t want to piss off the NHL in this case.

2. USHA#17
    November 7, 2012 at 7:53 PM

After undergoing off season (does such a thing exist these days?) back surgery this may not be such a bad thing.

3. m_and_m
    November 8, 2012 at 8:18 AM

Off topic, but here is apparently a job listing from AEG apparently for a replacement for Rich Hammond. I can think of no one better than you, Quisp, for the job.

• November 8, 2012 at 9:32 AM

You’re very kind. However, The Mayor is better qualified, and he wants the job. Also, seriously, the Kings all well-aware of who the various bloggers are; Lombardi has quoted my posts in interviews (my “50-goal scorers after age 27″ post during the Summer of Kovalchuk comes to mind, but there have been others); my suggestions (e.g. having Bob and Jim record a Stanley Cup call and release it as a DVD) show up later as Kings’ “internally developed” ideas. So I imagine they are capable of reaching out to whomever they are interested in.

• Tyfighter77
        November 8, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Besides, I like Quisp here where he can editorialize without restraint. I’ve seen enough comment threads at LAKi to know not everyone appreciates Quisp’s grasp of cold logic. As for the Mayor, well, where will he be if he can’t interview players?