As you may know, I hate writing “game previews.” You can take it as a measure of hockey withdrawal that I am nostalgic for the old format I devised at Jewels from the Crown. I doubt I will be able to keep up the preview writing thing for very long (and, hey, if you’re interested in writing them for me, leave a comment. Maybe we’ll do a rotating guest preview thing…)
- Who are they? Chicago Blackhawks
- What do they want? To get past the first round of the playoffs, which they haven’t done since winning the cup.
- What is their ****ing problem? Jonathan Toews (flu, missed Friday’s practice — probable to play); Steve Montador (upper body injury — failed physical); Marian Hossa (first game back after last year’s concussion).
- Who the **** do they think they are? I actually have no idea if their roster has changed since last season. You tell me. Looks like the same bunch.
- What, are we supposed to be scared? On one hand, the Kings suck at afternoon games. On the other: Daniel Carcillo on the first line?
- I thought we were friends! ex-Kings: Jamie Kompon (now CHI assistant coach); ex-Hawks: Colin Fraser (won cup with Hawks and Kings).
- Bob Miller’s Nightmare: Bolland v. Bollig; Patrick (Kane) v. Patrick (Sharp). Mishap risk: low.
- Yeah, well, wait till they get a load of: Anthony Stewart, playing his first game as a King. Also, STANLEY CUP BANNER..
Probable Blackhawks line-up:
Carcillo – Toews – Hossa
Sharp – Bolland – Kane
Bickell – Shaw – Stalberg
Bollig – Mayers – Frolik
Keith – Seabrook
Leddy – Brookbank
Oduya – Hjalmarsson