2/23/13: the Good, the Bad, and the Points-Blown
- THE GOOD: Kings win, Sharks, Avs and Preds lose, Coyotes half-lose.
- THE BAD: Blues, Wings, Stars, and Oilers win, Oilers give away loser point to Coyotes.
- SILVER LINING: Oilers don’t get a ROW for winning in a shoot-out.
- WHO CARES: Jackets
win lose. Whatever.
- POINTS-BLOWN: Kings jump all the way to 5th in points-blown, and would have gotten to 4th if Columbus had been able to tie it up against St. Louis.
- PROJECTED: Kings’ point total projects to 54 for the season, which is one shy of the presumed (by me) playoff-threshold.
- KEEPING PACE: Kings are 3-0 in the block of four games I said had to be the turning point in the Kings’ season. I budgeted a 3-1 record for these four games.
- TIE-BREAKER WEIRDNESS: Kings beat Colorado, so now
obviously the season series is tied at 1-1 Colorado is still up 1-0 because today’s game — the first of two home games the Kings have against the Avs this year — doesn’t count in the season series tie-breaker.
- EX-KINGS: Andrei Loktionov skated on a line with Ilya Kovalchuk today. Assisted on Kovalchuk’s goal. That’s two points in three games for Lokti. I saw a nice clip of Thomas Hickey, Lubomir Visnovsky and Matt Moulson in a group hug after an Isle’s goal. Wayne Simmonds scored the game winner for the Flyers.
- On to the Ducks. Oh, how I hate that smug bastards. Okay, it’s mostly just Brian Hayward, but still.