Kings East in a trading mood?

Maybe it’s time for the Kings to recall some players from its East Coast affiliate. By which I mean, of course, the Philadelphia Flyers.

Paging Iginla? Flyers reportedly eager to make big move | ProHockeyTalk

The Philadelphia Flyers are currently ranked last in the Atlantic Division and the team is known for making big moves. That formula leads many onlookers to believe that GM Paul Holmgren is itching to make a bold trade.

CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio thinks that Jarome Iginla could be Holmgren’s main target. […] While that report indicates Iginla could be swapped, the Ottawa Sun’s Bruce Garrioch believes […] the Flyers might have to settle for Phoenix Coyotes defenseman Keith Yandle […].

In case you’re wondering, it doesn’t sound like Roberto Luongo is currently in play for the Flyers, but you never know what will happen with a franchise that clearly loves to make splashy moves.

6 comments for “Kings East in a trading mood?

1. February 4, 2013 at 7:25 AM

Well defense is our number one need right now and theirs sucks, so…

2. February 5, 2013 at 7:02 AM

Glad to find you Quisp. You may remember me as Paul from Oxnard. Was wondering what happened to you. :)

Here’s an idea: Loktionov+Bernier+Gagne+a draft pick to Toronto for Phil Kessel?

• February 5, 2013 at 1:08 PM

For Kessel, it would have to be something like Williams, Toffoli and Bernier. It’s painful even to type that. Which is why it won’t happen.

• February 5, 2013 at 1:10 PM

Oh, and welcome back … if I can welcome you back to somewhere you’ve never been. :)

I’ve been here since April 1.

• February 6, 2013 at 5:28 AM

Hi guys. Thanks for the welcome.

Probably right about how much it would take to get Kessel but I think the Leafs are more open to moving him then you think. I believe Leafs management believes hiring Burke was a mistake, the awful trade that got them Kessel was a mistake, the fans despise him, and he has under performed since the day he got there. I think if a team made a reasonable offer Kessel would be gone. I don’t expect him to survive past the trade deadline unless he starts scoring goals in bunches.

• February 5, 2013 at 9:30 PM

Yup, Kessel is important enough to the Leafs right now so that I don’t see them giving him up for another team’s spare parts. Burke is gone, but I don’t think they’re ready to torch his entire legacy yet.

Plus, Bernier is not leaving LA before the summer.

I remember Paul from Oxnard from JftC [waves].