0 Flares 0 Flares ×
- THE GOOD — Kings win, Wings lose, Preds lose.
- THE BAD — Ducks win.
- THE POINTS-BLOWN: Kings are 4th in the West in points-blown, and 5th in the official standings (the official standings are catching up to where I have had the Kings for about a week now).
- For sortable chart fun, click on the column headers to see that the Kings are 3rd in the West in ROW (hugely important tie-breaker) and goal-differential (ditto).
- Also notice how Nashville, currently 4th in the official standings, are 14th in the points-blown standings, due to the fact that they have the second-lowest PB total, coupled with very low ROW and GD.
- TIE-BREAKER WEIRDNESS: The Kings victory over the Wings is actually the first game in the Kings/Wings season series to actually count. The earlier game in Detroit, being the first of two games at Joe Louis, doesn’t count in terms of the season-series tie-breaker.
- DEAN LOMBARDI IS A GENIUS: Jeff Carter, with 11 goals in 18 games, is on a 50-goal pace for an 82 game season. Carter leads the NHL in game-winning goals, with 4.
- The Kings are now on pace for 58.7 points, two wins ahead of the presumed (by me) 55 point playoff threshold. Niesy (Jewels from the Crown) thinks 57, if I remember correctly. Either way, as of this week the Kings are on pace to make it.
- EX-KINGS: Simon Gagne sure looked happy scoring a goal in his first game back with the Kings East Coast Affiliate. I haven’t updated the Kings reserve list to subtract Gagne, or add this deal to the Philly West page, but it is reflected in the page chronicling Dean Lombardi’s (now) 54 trades as Kings GM.