- Points-Blown standings are freshly updated.
- Everyone has either 14 or 15 games left, except for CBJ, which has 13.
- The Kings have 15.
- 54 points still appears to be the playoff threshold. At that point, the odds are 90% or better for nearly everyone in the West.
- At 53, odds drop to roughly 75% for everyone.
- At 52, it’s 50%.
- At 51, slim to none.
The Ducks have a three game series with the Stars next week (yes, three games, Monday, Wednesday, Friday). The Black Hawks play three of their next four and four of their next nine games against Nashville. Starting this weekend, Colorado alternates between playing Nashville and Detroit for four games. Eight of Columbus’s remaining 15 games…
Actually, I think he’s the biggest player in the entire Kings organization, though I would have to stand him next to Keaton Ellerby to be sure.
Michael Schumacher has been one of the best Greyhounds in this OHL quarterfinal series with the Attack.
The Kings are done with the Hawks this (regular) season. The Hawks won 2 and the Kings won 1. Which of course means, the season series goes to: …no-one. It’s tied. Because the first game in Chicago didn’t count toward the tie-breaker. The Points-Blown standings have been updated. The Kings are four official points ahead…
I don’t even know where Jarome Iginla is supposed to fit on the Kings. Third line center? And for that, a rental, we’re supposed to give up — what — our best goalie this season? That would be stupid. A top prospect? Not Tyler Toffoli. A top-four defenseman? That’s not going to happen; we’re thin enough as it is.
Seriously, what is the offer “too good to refuse” for Lombardi? Hey, I’ve got it, and I’m serious, too:
But this is just a screen-shot. Real thing after the jump…
Kings and Canucks are tied in points, points-blown, and win-percentage. Kings have 16 ROWs; Canucks have 12. ROWs is the first tie-breaker. Canucks are ahead in the season series by 2 points. Today is the final game in the series. The Kings can neutralize that tie-breaker with a regulation win. The Kings won the first…
- Even having lowered my presumed playoff threshold to 54 points, there are several teams now on the verge of oblivion.
- I indicate those teams in the points-blown standings with the color red.
- They are PHX, NAS, CBJ and COL. And DAL and EDM are ready to join them.
- The column to consider is the one labeled “to 54,” which shows the record needed for each team to get to 54 points.
- The Kings need a record of 8-9-2.
- Chicago v. Detroit
- Anaheim v. Los Angeles
- Vancouver v. San Jose
- Minnesota v. St. Louis