Nice move

It has been suggested that every time I mention Andrei Loktionov’s play in New Jersey, it’s some kind of vindictive “I told you so.” It’s not. I did tell you so, but it’s not. I post about the players I enjoy watching, and I can’t just switch off my interest in a player because he suddenly isn’t Kings property anymore.

Anyway, check it out:

6 comments for “Nice move

1. Phil
    March 13, 2013 at 11:13 PM

This makes me ill.

2. jmsalsa
    March 13, 2013 at 11:48 PM

saw this happen live tonight. what a great goal. but that was always what always bugged me about lokti….i saw him do this stuff in manchester, i’ve seen him do it on the devils….but for some reason i never saw him do this stuff with the kings.

he’s definitely got talent. he just never found his home here.

3. JB
    March 14, 2013 at 9:27 AM

Seriously? Wow he scored on a 2 on 1 where the other guy with him was Ilya Kovalchuk and the lone Philly D-man was just coming off bench and screwed up the coverage by taking Lokti when he should have covered the pass to Ilya and let Bryz and Hartnell handle Lokti. Hey no doubt it was a beautiful move but only because he had so much time and room. Sorry but I’m glad we kept Stoll. That guy has been rocking it on defensive coverage, faceoffs and forcheck.

• March 14, 2013 at 10:10 AM

Yes, Stoll has been rocking it on defensive coverage while getting the 4th toughest line match-ups. Stoll’s QUALCOMP is at the bottom among Kings’ forwards. Loktionov’s is at the top among Devils’ forwards. The idea that Stoll is good defensively while Loktionov is weak defensively is a myth.

• March 14, 2013 at 10:16 AM

Also, Loktionov leads the Devils in 5on5 G/60 and is 0.04 behind Elias for team lead in P/60. His G/60 is more than triple of Kovalchuk’s.

4. Dustin
    March 14, 2013 at 12:03 PM

Funny that Doc Emrick always had trouble pronouncing Loktionov’s name while he was with the Kings but now that he’s on the Devils he apparently took Russian lessons.