Color-coded by each team’s specific dog-fight. Grey = above or below it all.
- Monday: PHX@VAN, EDM@ANA
- Tuesday: SJS@CBJ, STL@NAS, CHI@MIN, LAK@DAL
- Wednesday: PHX@EDM, VAN@COL
- Thursday: SJS@DET, STL@MIN, COL@LAK
- Friday: STL@CBJ, DAL@NAS, DET@CHI, PHX@CGY
- Saturday: CBJ@MIN, SJS@DAL, CGY@EDM, ANA@LAK, VAN@COL
- Sunday: CHI@STL, DET@NAS
PHX and EDM are an interesting case this week. They are separated by one point in the standings and in points-blown. They each start with a tough game (VAN, ANA), then they play each other, then each plays CGY. Neither team can afford more than one loss out of those three games.
SJS can have a huge impact on the “orange” race all by themselves. They play CBJ, DET and DAL.
CBJ has a week of SJS, STL and MIN. And that, I think, will be the end of their playoff hopes. But it would be nice if they got hot and beat those teams, since the Kings are in a dogfight with all three.
We are huge Blackhawks fans now. CHI plays MIN, DET and STL.