Aside from the fact that I always enjoy the Philadelphia Flyers in the playoffs and would have preferred them to Ottawa, this is easily the best set of first round series that I can remember. Here are my predictions, infused with a ridiculous amount of wishful thinking. What do you want, it’s a blog.
- Chicago over Minnesota in 7.
- Anaheim over Detroit in 6.
- Vancouver over San Jose in 7.
- Los Angeles over St. Louis in 6.
- Islanders over Pittsburgh in 7.
- Montreal over Ottawa in 6.
- Washington over the Rangers in 7.
- Toronto over Boston in 7.
- Los Angeles over Chicago in 6.
- Anaheim over Vancouver in 7.
- Toronto over Washington in 7.
- Islanders over Montreal in 7.
- Los Angeles over Anaheim in 4.
- Toronto over Islanders in 6.
- Los Angeles over Toronto in 6.
Yes, I know. Clearly, none of this is really g0ing to happen. But it would be fun.