Kings win game five — post-game bullets
- Kings are 1-11 in series in which they lost the first two games.
- The one series win was also the last time they were down 0-2, in 2001, against Detroit.
- Kings are 7-1 in series in which they have a 3-2 series lead going into game 6.
- The one loss was in their first season, to the North Stars.
- This year’s series with the Blues is the first between the two teams that has not been a sweep.
- In the all-time playoff tally, the Blues won the first 8 games (1969, 1998), then the Kings won the next 4 (2012), then the Blues won 2, then the Kings won 3 (2013).
- If the Kings win this series, their next opponent will be from California.
- Either: the Ducks beat Detroit and it’s Kings v. Ducks; or, the Wings beat the Ducks, and it’s Kings v. Sharks.
- (Oh, I assumed Chicago doesn’t choke.)