They have never won a series in which they lost Game 6.
- That’s true.
- But losing a game six to force a game seven has only happened once, in 1968.
- Every other time they lost a game six, the series was over.
The Kings have scored one goal in six of 12 playoff games. All five postseason losses have been by 2-1 scores.
- Not surprisingly, the Kings are 6-28 all-time in playoff games in which they score only one goal.
- The Kings are 11-29 when scoring only two.
- Opponents are 14-24 scoring only two.
- The Kings are 18-30 all-time when scoring (exactly) three goals.
- And 24-8 when scoring four.
Conclusion: try to score more, and be scored on less. Stats are sometimes like solitaire, fun but pointless.