Game 1 post-game Game 2 pre-game bullets
- Marian Hossa, Patrick Sharp and Justin Williams: three clutch players.
- That was one of those “tails, heads, heads” games, like in the St. Louis series. Very, very close, with a razor thin margin for error.
- Dave Bolland hit on Mike Richards? I can see the argument both ways. But I didn’t think it was outrageous, and I’m not surprised there’s no suspension.
- Richards really needs to be okay, though.
- Jonathan Quick is playing like Conn Smythe Quick, not Back Surgery Quick.
- I actually saw the NHL Network chuckleheads ruminating on the possibility that Jamie Kompon is the Hawks’ secret weapon (he knows all the Kings’ tricks…).
- I don’t see how Willie Mitchell comes back, with Robyn Regehr signing for two more years. Four of our starting D can’t be Regehr, Mitchell, Scuderi and Greene. Too old, too slow.
- Tonight would be a good time for Cartermania. I just made up that term. Cartermania.