- Last season, with 21 games left, the Kings were in 10th place, with a record of 27-22-12. Anaheim was 13th (26-25-10). Detroit was 1st (41-18-3).
- Chicago leads the conference in regulation wins, with 15. The Kings and Ducks are second, with 14 each.
- A glaring difference between Chicago and Anaheim, on one hand, and the Kings, on the other, is that Chicago and Anaheim have lost 2 and 3 games (respectively) in regulation, while the Kings have lost 10. And:
- Chicago and Anaheim have played 11 and 10 OT/SO games (respectively), while the Kings have played 3.
- The Kings have played more games that have ended in a regulation win or loss (24) than anyone else in the West. The average is 19.
- Points-earned in OT/SO: Chicago, 19; Anaheim, 16; Kings, 4.
Tag Archive for Columbus Blue Jackets
KEY Q = my standings, default sorted by points-blown (explanation of points-blown here). NHL = the official standings, via NHL.COM. DIV = Divisional ranking. C is Central; N is Northwest; P is Pacific. R/OT/SO = wins and losses in each of regulation, over-time, and shoot-out. GR = games-remaining. ROW = regulation plus OT (but not…
Bettman’s legacy of expansion into non-traditional markets is responsible for the current lock-out. Without the political support of those same franchises — one of which is owned by the NHL — we would be watching NHL hockey now.
Shorter me: the Bettman experiment has blown up in his face. And this is what that looks like.
by Quisp • • 6 Comments
I don’t know. But I’ll tell you this much: there’s next to zero chance of the Rangers finishing with more than last year’s 109 points and Columbus finishing with less than last year’s 65.
by Quisp • • 3 Comments
Columbus Blue Jackets defenseman Jack Johnson has been selected captain for Team USA at the 2012 world championships, which begin Friday in Helsinki and Stockholm. It will be the second time that the 25-year-old will serve as team captain in his international career, also doing the honors on the 2010 world championships team.
The complete record of Lombardi’s trades as Kings GM. Carter, Johnson, Richards, Schenn, Simmonds, Smyth, Quincey, Cammalleri, Tyler Myers (?) (more)
by Quisp • • 0 Comments
By now you’ve all read or heard about the magical clock at Staples Center. What shocks me is that no-one has identified the (in my opinion, quite obvious) culprit. Quick: “It’s no secret that I have mind control.” – Jewels From The Crown It had been suspected Jonathan Quick had supernatural powers after his inexplicable…
The Russian Ice Hockey Federation has named 38 players for their Olympic Summer Camp from Aug. 29 to Sept. 1 in Moscow. The KHL and the NHL contribute with 19 players each. Goalkeepers: Ilya Bryzgalov (Phoenix Coyotes, NHL), Simeon Varlamov (Washington Capitals, NHL), Alexander Eremenko (Salavat Yulayev Ufa, RUS), Evgeni Nabokov (San Jose Sharks, NHL).…
by Quisp • • 0 Comments
Tom Reed reports the Blue Jackets may have $10 million in available cap space but they’re a “budget team, not a cap team”, meaning the club is already likely close to their self-imposed ceiling, which could hamper GM Scott Howson’s efforts to bring in a puck-moving defenseman. via Spector’s Hockey – Latest Blue Jackets and…