- Jeff Carter, with his 17th goal in 23 games, is on a 60 goal pace for a normal 82 game season.
- The Kings’ victory over the Flames doesn’t count in the season series tie-breaker.
- Tomorrow’s game counts. The Kings are up 2 points on the Flames in the season series, and this is the last game between the two teams this regular season.
- The Kings are still 3rd in points-blown, and 5th in the official standings.
- The Flames have dropped to the bottom of the official standings, but in points-blown they’re 12th, and Columbus, despite their recent success, is still 15th.
- No-one has played as few games as the Kings and Flames, with 23.
Last night, Jeff Carter scored maybe the most sheepish hat-trick I’ve ever seen. With 14 goals in 20 games, Carter is on pace for 57 goals in an 82 game season. In celebration of the four goals by ex-Flyers, here’s a link to the freshly-updated Philly West page, with new graphics. The Kings jump to…
Yesterday, both Surly/Scribe and Matt Barry were ruminating on the fate of Jonathan Bernier. S&S serve up a potential destination; Matt reads the tea-leaves. And why not, the Kings suck, and Bernier is, after all, the Kings’ most popular trade rumor star. My initial reaction is that trading Bernier now would make absolutely zero sense for Lombardi…
Well, not all. Just the ones who didn’t play during the lock-out. Played during lock-out: Anze Kopitar, Dustin Brown, Trevor Lewis, Kyle Clifford, Jordan Nolan, Dwight King, Alec Martinez, Slava Voynov, Jake Muzzin, Jonathan Bernier. Didn’t play: Dustin Penner, Justin Williams, Jeff Carter, Simon Gagne, Mike Richards, Jarret Stoll, Colin Fraser, Drew Doughty, Rob Scuderi,…
- Once again, the fourth line was best.
- Kyle Clifford, Colin Fraser, Jordan Nolan — all +1.
- Clifford, with a goal in the game and two assists in the opener, leads the team in points.
- Nolan is second in points, with 2.
- Scuderi, Martinez and Greene each have 1 point. Everyone else has 0.
- Fourth line, awesome. Scored both goals.
- Kyle Clifford, Jordan Nolan, Colin Fraser, all +2.
- Clifford, 2 assists, leads Kings in points.
- Third line, fine.
- Jarret Stoll, Dwight King and Trevor Lewis, all even +/-.
- Lewis led the team with 4 shots.
x = 12 – y – (z-5)/2 That was my prediction for the Kings in 2011-12. Where x = conference seed, y = number of 20 goal scorers, z = number of shoot-out wins. Results rounded to the nearest counting number. How did my little predictive formula do? Let’s see. 20 goal scorers: 4 (Kopitar, Brown, Williams,…
Dustin Penner – Jeff Carter – Justin Williams Simon Gagne – Mike Richards – Dustin Brown Dwight King – Jarret Stoll – Trevor Lewis Kyle Clifford – Colin Fraser – Jordan Nolan Tyler Toffoli – Brad Richardson – ?? Rob Scuderi – Drew Doughty Alec Martinez – Slava Voynov Davis Drewiske – Matt Greene Jake…
The 2013 season starts in 10-14 days. Camp starts in less than a week, I suppose. Anze Kopitar and Willie Mitchell sound like they’re out with knee injuries for at least a few weeks. Tyler Toffoli has been tearing up the AHL. Jonathan Quick either has just been cleared to play (surgery, remember?) or is…
2013-14, that’s this fall, by the way. The NHL and NHLPA have apparently agreed to allow 2 buy-outs per club for 2013-14. That’s two buy-outs that will not count against the cap. The point is to make it easier for teams to get below the presumed $60 million cap ceiling. I don’t know what other…